Pea season will be here soon and with it comes wonderful variations of pea side dishes. On a search for a new way to prepare peas for our family, we found a delightful recipe for garlic snap peas. My family LOVES garlic, but we also love cheese. I decided to change up the recipe and add in a little Parmesan cheese. My kids couldn’t get enough! These Garlic Parmesan Snap Peas are the perfect compliment to when you are wanting a light and tasty meal. This is great with peas in the pod, but I think it would work well with shelled peas also.
Garlic Parmesan Snap Peas
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (vegetable or canola works fine also)
3 Cups Sugar Snap Peas
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat wok or large skillet over medium-high heat; Add oil
2. Once oil is heated, add Snap Peas. Stir frequently for about 3-4 minutes or until peas are starting to tender. you still want them crisp.
3. Add garlic; mix in well to cover the peas.
4. Remove the wok from the heat and add in Parmesan Cheese. Mix well.
5. Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
What is your favorite way to prepare